2) Personally-Identifiable Information
Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (that is your name, address, telephone number, or email address) unless you provide it voluntarily and knowingly.
If you do not want your personally – identifiable information collected do not submit it to us. If you do submit personally identifiable information, we will use it in the following ways, unless stated otherwise:
• We may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our product offerings and services.
• We may use that information to contact you.
• We will not give or sell your individual information to any outside company for its use in marketing or solicitation
• We will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and it will only be used to support your relationship with Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute and its Web sites
Unfortunately, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy statement. By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
3) Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute has no intention of collecting any personally identifiable information (that is your name, address, telephone number, or email address) from individuals under thirteen years of age through this website. The Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute websites that do collect information from Children do so in accordance with the privacy policies located at such websites.
Please review such privacy policies when entering those sites. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information a parent or guardian should contact us at the e-mail address listed at the bottom of this statement if they want this information to be deleted from the records. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our existing files.
4) Non-Personally-Identifiable Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the Internet browser you a using, the type of operating system, and the domain name of the website which linked you to our site. When you view one of our websites, we may store information from time to time on your computer. These \”Cookies\” allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers you can block, receive a warning or erase all \”Cookies\” from your hard drive.
Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. We also collect an IP address from all visitors to our website. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are also not linked to personally identifiable information.
5) Opting Out of Receiving Communications from Us : Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute may send you communications regarding its services, its websites or otherwise. Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute provides you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications by indicating your desire to opt-out.
7) Security : All information provided to Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute is transmitted using Geotrust certified encryption. Geotrust is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect your information by placing it on a secure portion of our website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
8) Other Websites: Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute websites contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours. Also, you may have entered this website from an unrelated third party website. Likewise, Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute has no responsibility for such third party websites and you should review their privacy statements.
9) Contacting Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute : If you have any questions about this Privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us at 619-226-3870.