Senior Social Impact & Sustainability Specialist, Wells Fargo Bank
Laura expressed a passion to make a difference in people’s lives at an early age. At fourteen years of age, she volunteered at the Special Olympics and played piano concerts at the CECUT- Centro Cultural de Tijuana to help raise funds for children and under-served families. She received an education through an academic and athletic scholarship, for soccer, at Notre Dame de Namur University and pursued a double major in Political Science and History.
- Present: Senior Social Impact and Sustainability Specialist for Wells Fargo
- 2006: Co-founded and became the Chief Financial Officer for a small wealth management firm focused in the San Francisco Bay
- 2010: Laura returned to her roots and for the past twelve years has dedicated her career to helping non-profits in the San Diego
- Co-founded GrantLinkX, a San Diego-based nonprofit consulting firm for which she served as
- Chief Development Officer for San Ysidro Education Vanguard Foundation, an educational nonprofit started by Retired Admiral William Rodriguez
- Marketing Manager for Urban Corps of San Diego County
- Director of Development for Support for The Enlisted Project (STEP
- 2022: Director of Development for Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute
In her previous roles her responsibilities included developing and implementing financial strategies to build sustainable primary and ancillary revenue streams to support growth and innovation. She was responsible for the relationship stewardship of corporate, foundation and individual donors, and created transparent annual budgets with yearend reports so donors, board members, and managing partners where aware of the progress and program implementation. She assisted grassroots nonprofits in more than doubling their budget.
- Member of the Rancho Santa Fe Rotary club,
- She served as the President of its Foundation Board from July 2016 – July 2020 and assisted in various roles with foundation’s fundraising event, The Taste of Rancho Santa Fe.
- She served as Vice President of the RSF Rotary Foundation Board, and Chair for the Grant Committee for the Rancho Santa Fe Rotary
- Serves on the board of The Country Friends
- Digital Marketing from UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
- Sustainable Business Strategy from Harvard Business