Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute
Hubbs Happy Hour Virtual Event – April 7, 2021
EVENT LINK WILL BE SENT ON APRIL 6TH, 2021 TO THE EMAIL PROVIDED IN REGISTRATION.
Prizes, drinks, laughs, and fun!!
Prize Descriptions for Hubbs @Home Happy Hour
AFTCO – $100 Gift Card for online shopping
- Quality fishing Apparel & Tackle
Costa Del Mar – 2 pack of size large men’s T-Shirts
- For the outdoor enthusiast and water lover, valued ~$50.00
Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute- 2 General Admissions to SeaWorld San Diego
King’s Seafood Company – (2) $50 gift cards
- 21 “Product Inspired restaurants” in California, Arizona, and Nevada,
- Including the Water Grill, Pier Burger, 555 East, Lou & Mickey’s, Fish Camp, Meat On Ocean, and the King’s Fish House
Lotus Sustainables – (2) $75 gift cards for online shopping
- Eliminates plastic from shopping with the Lotus Trolley Bag & Lotus Produce Bag sets
- The leading alternative to single-use plastic bags
Starbucks – $25 Gift Card
- Indulge yourself in great coffee
Sycuan Casino-Resort – An overnight stay, valued at $574, includes
- Lunch or dinner for two
- Complimentary round of golf for two,
And the prize list keeps growing.. stay tuned!!
Trade Winds Soiree 2021 – Postponed
Trade Winds Soiree 2021 Home Edition is postponed.
Please provide your contact information for an invitation to the rescheduled event
where guests will experience the merriment and majesty of the sea!
Stay up to date with announcements regarding the event by selecting “Events” under area of interest.
Thank you to our event sponsors!
Past HSWRI Events
- Annual Whale Watch hosted by Seaforth Sportfishing January, 18 2018
As part of this memorable trip, you’ll have the opportunity to view majestic California Gray Whales as they travel south to their birthing grounds in the lagoons of Baja California, Mexico. In addition to witnessing this remarkable journey, guests may also see dolphins, sea lions and many species of marine birds while enjoying breakfast on the sea. HSWRI scientists and staff attend the event to provide educational opportunities for attendees.
- The VIP Appreciation Event October 12, 2017 at SeaWorld San Diego is an exclusive, after-hours, behind-the-scenes event at that lets you experience the wonders of the ocean up-close. The evening’s activities include interactions with marine life such as dolphins, polar bears, turtles, and orcas. Guests partake in delicious food and drink alongside fellow supporters from the private and public sectors while learning about HSWRI’s latest research worldwide.
- 2017 Donor Appreciation Picnic at SeaWorld San Diego. September 17, 2017. The event is a popular, long-standing tradition with HSWRI supporters and their families. The day includes brunch, musical performances, visits from SeaWorld animal ambassadors, and brief science chats featuring HSWRI researchers. Guests also enjoy free admission that day to the park.
- Conservation Concerts at HSWRI Mission Bay offices. July 27 & August 24 2017. This summer concert series showcases local artists coupled with science chats with HSWRI marine researchers. A casual happy hour-type event, the evenings include delicious hors d’oeuvres and a no-host bar on the scenic east patio ofHSWRI’s headquarters, right on the shores of Mission Bay.
- Open House & Conservation Concert at HSWRI Mission Bay offices. June 1, 2017. See the unveiling of our new brand masthead alongside the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, SeaWorld, local legislators and the press. The program will include a ribbon-cutting, refreshments, and tours of the Institute headquarters. Our first Conservation Concert will follow for donors and guests.
- 2016 Donor Appreciation Picnic: September 18, 2016 SeaWorld San Diego:
- Thursdays June 23, July 28, and August 25
Conservation Concerts at HSWRI Mission Bay offices. The series showcases local artists coupled with science chats by HSWRI scientists. The evening will include complimentary munchies and a drink on the shores of Mission Bay at HSWRI HQ
- Sunday, September 18
Donor Appreciation Picnic at SeaWorld San Diego. The event is a popular, long-standing tradition with HSWRI supporters and their families. The day includes brunch, musical performances, visits from SeaWorld animal ambassadors, and brief science chats featuring HSWRI researchers. Guests also enjoy free admission that day to the park.
- Thursday October 13 VIP Appreciation Event at SeaWorld San Diego. This exclusive, after hours, behind-the-scenes visit to SeaWorld lets guests experience the wonders of the ocean up close, with activities like interacting with dolphins and gazing into the eyes of orcas. Guests partake in delicious food and drink alongside fellow supporters from the private and public sectors while learning about HSWRI’s latest research worldwide.
- Conservation Concert: Summer Sets & Science Chats September 10, 2015
- Donor Appreciation Picnic: SeaWorld San Diego September 27, 2015
- VIP Appreciation Event October 15, 2015
- January 25, 2015 Whale Watch
- November 15, 2014 HSWRI hosted southern California angler leadership this weekend at the Leon Raymond Hubbard Jr. Marine Fish Hatchery in Carlsbad, CA to thank them for all their support of HSWRI and the white sea-bass replenishment program.
- September 25, 2014 Check out the photos from our Supporter Appreciation BBQ courtesy of our own Research Scientist Mike Shane!
August 21, 2013
|Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute (HSWRI) released into the coastal waters of southern California the two-millionth tagged white seabass produced by the Ocean Resources Enhancement and Hatchery Program (OREHP) on Wednesday August 21st, 2013. The two millionth fish along with about 300 of its siblings were released from the Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute corporate offices’ east patio into Mission Bay San Diego by event Honorary Chair, Paxson Offield and HSWRI’s Don Kent.OREHP is a proactive conservation research program designed in collaboration with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to specifically counteract the alarming decline of certain vital marine fish stocks. Since 1983, HSWRI scientists and their collaborators have developed culture techniques to rear and release white seabass, a commercially and recreationally important coastal marine fish species.The program is one of the nation’s largest marine fish enhancement programs, the only program of its kind on the west coast of North America and one of the few stocking programs that assesses the biological and economic impacts of its releases.OREHP is a unique partnership between the California State Resources Agency, public utility companies, volunteer sportfishing groups and the scientific community that has led to the successful release of two million healthy, juvenile white seabass. The collaboration has enabled the white seabass program to benefit the California fishing community and the state’s resource management agency by providing an economically effective tool for sustaining and recovering depleted stocks.Recreational fishing contributes over $2 billion annually to the California economy, but the decline in fish populations threatens to derail this valuable economic engine. Under the umbrella of the United Anglers of Southern California, the sport fishing industry contributes over 20,000 volunteer hours annually to help grow the seabass to a larger size at as many as 12 different cage growout facilities. Cage systems allow the seabass fingerlings to be reared at sea to a larger size, which dramatically increases the potential for fish survival after release. One of the OREHP’s largest cage systems is also used to temporarily hold broodstock and this facility has been underwritten by philanthropist Paxson Offield, Chairman of the Catalina Seabass Fund for the past decade.|
June 14, 2013
|March 18, 2014
SeaWorld’s 3rd Annual Pole to Pole Fun Run
|Here’s a fun way to support animal conservation and Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute programs: SeaWorld’s 3rd Annual Pole to Pole Fun Run!Date: Sunday, April 6, 2014
Registration: 6:30 a.m.
5K Start & Finish: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.SeaWorld San Diego
500 SeaWorld Drive
San Diego, CA 92109Event proceeds from this year’s Fun Run will once again benefit HSWRI projects to help animals worldwide. Join in the fun by signing up today — and please share the excitement with your family and friends! Registration is $40* and includes a light breakfast, one Fun Run t-shirt, an opportunity drawing for prizes, FREE race-day admission to SeaWorld San Diego, photo opportunities with animal ambassadors and costume characters, access to race day informational booths, and sponsor swag).
*Non-refundable, non-transferable.Visit SeaWorldSanDiego.com for more information.