Since 1978, Mr. Sansom has worked as a Governmental Affairs Consultant at his company JHS Legislative Consultants. His clients have included Northrop Grumman Corp., Cities/Town of Cocoa, Rockledge, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Satellite Beach, Winter Springs, Florida Aviation Aerospace Alliance, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, and World City America Inc. Mr. Sansom received his A.A. Degree from Pensacola Junior College, his B.S. Degree in Biology from Florida State University, Tallahassee, and his M.S. Degree in Marine Science Education from Florida Tech in Melbourne.
Mr. Sansom’s Professional Affiliations, Activities and Certifications include:
- 2005, Member, Florida Oceans and Coastal Council;
- 2003 – Present, Brevard County Commissioner Florida Inland Navigation District;
- 1998-99, Member, Governors Ocean Policy Board;
- 1986-92, 1995-present, Member, Board of Directors, Brevard Cultural Alliance;
- 1983-92, Member, Steering Committee, Marine Resources Council of East Central Florida;
- 1981-1988, Member, Governors Coastal Resources Citizens Advisory Committee;
- 1978-present, Trustee, Gulf & South Atlantic Fisheries Foundation.
Mr. Sansom enjoys sailing, flying, motorcycles, fisheries, rehabilitating old houses (including his own), and resolving people’s problems with government.
Jerry lives in Florida with his wife of 51 years, Dixie Sansom.