In the first research project ever conducted by the Institute, we worked with the California Department of Fish & Game to tag albacore and bluefin tuna along the California coast. This 10-year research was the first time these fish had been tagged for tracking in the world. The information from this research informed future discussions on dolphin entanglement in tuna fishing nets.
- Spectrum News 13 – Brevard Zoo hoping seagrass nursery helps restore Indian River Lagoon
- Newsweek — Whale Calf Euthanized After Stranding on Florida Beach
- WFTV 9 – Newborn sperm whale calf strands on beach near Marineland
- SD Weekly Briefing — HSWRI 60th Anniversary Gala
- National Aquaculture Association – HSWRI Celebrating Six Decades of “Solutions Through Science”